Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Brewster's Happy Tail

Photobucket
My name is Brewster and I am 7 years young. I have spent part of my life running loose on the streets of St George, Utah because for some reason or another, I had been separated from my previous owner and the only home I knew. Eventually I was picked up and taken to a shelter where I remained for what I think was about 2 months. I have great manners; I am good with kids, other dogs and some cats, so I am not sure why I remained there so long without finding a home. I am also crate trained and housebroken. Nonetheless, the shelter had sentenced me to be euthanized.

It was then that I received a visit from my Rescue Angel Kimberly. She was amazing, not only did she contact LVLR to organize my rescue; she also removed me from the shelter right in time, and raised funds to go towards my vet bills including neutering. I will always be thankful to her.

Once I was accepted into the rescue, I discovered true kindness in my foster family. My foster mom Melissa thought it was funny that I liked to stare at myself in the wardrobe mirror, and that I sat like a panda or lay with my legs spread out real “crazy” like. I loved going outside in the morning to investigate the backyard. I am not big on kissing, but I would give her my paw to show affection.

Good news, I have been adopted; I will be moving in with my new family Ruth and Chris soon! I hear that they have had experience with Labradors, and I will be sharing the house with a few cats, including Smudge. Not too sure how I feel about Smudge, but I will work on establishing a relationship.  

Well, I am settling in well with my forever parents, but Smudge and I have a few things still to work out, so our family has hired a trainer. Looking forward to seeing what that is all about. I think they are happy with me though, they continually pet me and give me attention throughout the day, and they have also made plans to take me back to the vet to see how I am doing.  


My vet appointment went well. I have gained some weight, up to 80# now, and my family is settling in well to my daily routine.
Smudge and I have called a truce, and the trainer and I have met to go over a few things. I was able to show my family that I have in fact been trained; I just need to be reminded of a few commands.   

I feel that in a couple of months my past will truly be the past. I am afraid of thunderstorms so I have chosen to sleep in the closet until things calm down. It gives me a sense of security.  Ruth and Chris are good at giving me my space, but also being there when I need reassurance and comforting.   I love to play, but I am also just as content laying down in the same room as my family.

My parents have said that “Life with a dog is beautiful..  and the cats, too!” 

I am home, 
Brewster
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment