Saturday, December 31, 2011

Murphy's Happy Tail



Photobucket


My name is Murphy and I am a 10 month old black male Labrador. Yes, I am only 10 months old, but I am very large and active for my age. I want to run and swim 24 hours a day. Maybe this is why my owner took me to the shelter. I am not sure how long I was there before Ashley picked me up. I liked Ashley a lot. She took me on walks, hikes & runs, but for some reason I never tired. She even had a small dog friend for me to play with. I think I got into a little bit of trouble during the day. I have to admit, I was a little destructive. I wanted someone around to instruct me what I should or should not do.. Don't forget, I am only a puppy trapped in a big dog's body. 


Ashley loved me very much, but realized I needed more structure, so she called the Las Vegas Labrador Rescue. They opened their door for me right away. They took me to meet their vet, and then I got to stay with Denise and Dave and their house full of doggies and cats. I got along with all of their crew. They let me swim and run and play, and they let me know when I crossed a line. 


Photobucket

This was good for me. In a matter of time, I found a family to love. I was home I thought. 



This family was great, but I have to admit I took advantage of them a bit...maybe more than a bit. I am a puppy remember, and I like to test my boundaries. How far can I go? And with this family I think I took it to the limit. They wanted me to go back to Denise and Dave's house for some more training and instruction. I did not mind, I loved it there. 


Guess what? I must be pretty special because I even got to meet a trainer from Sit Means Sit! I got to learn a little more about how I should be acting. The trainer said I was a good dog, but I would be better if I had more structure in my forever home and a purpose to my life. 


It was not long after my training that my foster family interviewed another family interested in me. This family was perfect! I got to go and visit, and they got to play with me. They also have a friend for me to play with. This dog has as much energy as I do! WOW they even have a pool. I think I will be very happy here. I even have a purpose, the family has a son that is so happy to have a companion dog! This is the life. I am a companion and a protector to this family. 


I am still a puppy remember, but I have a place to fit in and a family to grow with. 


I am home,


Murphy


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment