Monday, April 16, 2012

Luke's Happy Tail (Formerly Waters)

Photobucket

Hi,
My name is Waters, and this is my happy tail!
I came from a shelter in UT on a transport with a few other dogs. Once I arrived in NV, I was taken to the vet for my check up and to be neutered. I then went into foster care with a great couple, Rick and Renee. I came into the rescue at a great time, they were having an adoption event the very same weekend. So I got to head over to the Barking Dogs and show off my stuff!

Competition for finding families was great at this event. There were cute little girl puppies that were soaking up all the attention. I felt like maybe I would be overlooked. But no, there were actually a few LVLR volunteers that spotted my potential. It would only be a matter of time before I made one of them mine!

Well, the picture below is a hint as to which family I have chosen.
Yes, I chose the rescue's very own Dave & Denise to be my family! Not only that, but starting in June, I will be training to be a Sit Means Sit demo dog!

My family thought that Luke was a better fitting name, so I am lovingly called Luke now.


Photobucket



Stay tuned, because I have many tricks up my sleeve, including a love for jumping on, over and away from many things.

Check out my cannonball!

Untitled

I am home,

Luke


Luke Update JUNE 2012



waters2

Photo Courtesy of Lisa Weber Photography

For all of you Waters fans (now named Luke) we thought you would want an update on how he is doing in his forever home. Luke was actually adopted by David Heck (President of LVLR) and Denise Heck (Treasurer of LVLR). Luke is loving his new life and what a life he has! His new daddy is learning to become a Sit Means Sit dog trainer. Luke gets to go to work with his daddy everyday and he loves it. When he is not working, Luke loves to play with his two Lab brothers Vader and Mack and his Lab sister Jasmyne. His favorite past time is to swim and go Dog Dockdiving. Luke's family is blessed to have found this amazing boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment